Wednesday, February 6, 2013

S.U.B. Podcast #07 Interview with Bass Infusion (Mk)



Hello there.This week’s podcast is a young fellow, whom i have met at dubstep gigs in Skopje.
From a fanbase level went into creating Bassinfusion.com, website based on promoting bass music. At the same time was welcomed as a co-host into already existing dubstep show “Bass JunkeeZ” on Kanal 103. Couple of months later, started another, but this time his own show on StudentFM “Cas so Bas”. Started promoting parties, created another show on Kanal 103 “Jazz & Bass”, later on promoted the first dubstep festival in Skopje “Bass Platform”, which was made in collaboration with one of the biggest dubstep crew from Sofia (Bulgaria). Today he is at the other end of the world, trying to make a name there as well. Podcast #07 made by Martin a.k.aBass Infusion. 



Did you like the introduction?

Yup.Sums it all up pretty nicely.

As said before, started as a fan, co-host, made a  webzine, made two more shows, promoted parties etc...  Where did you came up with that much enthusiasm?

I don’t really know… when you say it like this it seems like a lot of work, but all I know it made me feel happy and fulfilled.

Knowing that two of the shows that you were on, are not existing anymore. How do you feel about it, and do you plan to get back in “Cas so Bas” or just start again from scratch?

I was very furious whenBass JunkeeZ”  was cancelled (not only because I used to be part of it) but also because it was the first radio show in Macedonia that promoted the emerging Bass culture. A lot of artists and sounds, which are now commercially successful, were being promoted  on “Bass JunkeeZ” and it’s just sad when good shows are being cut only because they are not in line with someone else’s criteria for good music.

My other show was officially cut because I objected the cancelation of “Bass JunkeeZ”… so that sucks too. But the show was cancelled before that. To be precise, from the moment when I didn’t get any answer on whether I can continue the show from China.I don’t know why I didn’t get any answer and I will never know.

Chas so Bass is in safe hands and I think that my job there is done.

I don’t have any definite plans about the future, but I know that good music and everything around it makes me happy. Hence, it is safe to say that there will be something in line with my previous work.

Bassinfussion.com started of really nice, but then i was the same old story as for the rest of the webpages made by enthusiast, it startet to be outdated. Do you plan to get yourself out of that spider web that you have left?

More serious responsibilities took their toll and Bass Infusion had to suffer for them. But, as far as I see, the future is bright.

Started promoting parties with barely getting help from couple of people. Last party that you have made was the festival night “Bass Platform”. Is it hard to organise parties, especially the sound that you try to promote?

Actually I thought that it would be more difficult to organize a party. From the first one, everything went naturally. Of course, I had a lot of help from more experienced people.
People want to hear and experience new things, you only need to find the way how to convince them that this sound is good and that will surely like it if they give it a chance.

Is there any point in all of this channeling of energy...  is it really worth it ?

Yes. Definitely. Even though most of the people don’t perceive nor care about what you do, there is always someone that you will touch, and that’s enough.

You have ended up somehow in China, discovered a club, crews that play bass music, even played there. Tell us something about their view to party and living the life as a basshead.

The scene is even smaller than Skopje. Chinese people don’t dance, at least not at bass parties.

Anything to add to the people that follow you?

Open your ears to good music.

No comments:

Post a Comment