Wednesday, March 13, 2013

S.U.B. Podcast #12 KESKO LIVE

Please tell us something more about your project Kesko. 


Well the idea for the project with unique sounds and band setup that will be played live is from my childhood. Actually it was when I first heard for The Prodigy and started to listen bands like The Chemical brothers, The Crystal method, Overseer etc. I met a person, now friend of mine Seth (now Criss Cross) that used to produce trance, he showed me Cubase and he had big influence on me, which resulted with me starting with production of trance music. It lasted for about three years, when I started to search for drum samples for breakbeat/dnb. The transition from trance to breakbeat/dnb was filled with a combination of the two genres and realization that that wasn’t what I wanted. What I wanted and what defines me is hard beats combined with crazy sounds, unique synths and heavy distorted guitars, but still having something mystic in the background. I collaborated for a while, with a friend from Shtip who plays guitar and he impressed me with his creativity. An issue came up, and that was the lack of equipment, which didn’t stand in our way to be creative and have the ideas, but not to record them and create a song. I started to collect some money and after about 6 months, with the help from parents (god bless them), I bought a laptop and the sound card which I still use. So the mind recording sessions were over and our real recording session started. But, being in two different cities didn’t work out for us, so, in the end, last summer we decided that we should split. Luckily, my friend Milan is one of the best guitar player I know and one of the best producers, so I started working on the project with him. We recorded some songs and I decided to send some of them to a record label. I found Dirt, Lies and Audio from UK and tried my luck. The next day I woke up and there was an e-mail waiting in my inbox. When I opened I saw an e-mail form DLA Black saying that they love my music and would love to release an album on their label. So I mixed the songs and went to Miki’s home to master them. When we were done I sent the songs to DLA Black and the release date was set.



What equipment do you use for producing music and live act? 

First of all I use my lap top with Cubase installed on it and for sound card I have m-audio fast track pro connected to m-audio BX5a monitors. Then comes the Akai MPK25 keyboard. The guitar setup is connected to Mac book pro where the distortion comes from a software called “Main Stage” and the sound card that Miki uses is apogee duet which have some awesome features if u play live. Well for life act is pretty the same setup except I use the keyboard more.




Is there any other member in your project, and do you intend to expand by adding more musicians to your project? 

 Well yes of course there is! Milan Simovski is the talented guitarist that play the guitar when we record and play live. In the future the plan is to expand the project with a drummer and MC (Master of Ceremony).




How many live act’s have you done by now, what are your impressions, how does the crowd react to your live act? 

 For now we had 2 live acts , the first one in Kapan An, Skopje and the second in Dom Na Mladi, Shtip. To be honest I didn’t know what to expect from the crowd, but in the end it was surprisingly energetic. I was happy to see and feel that vibe going in there.




Expectations and future goals? 

 More live performances around Europe of course J . and new music and album which is already started. So expect much from us in the future, more new sounds and more crazy live acts. All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment